My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080428

updet... updet... updet...

updated 28/4 - 1941pm - Ibis Hotel, Yogyakarta
28 ApRIL
  1. trip to Borobudur started at 0430am - thought I was going to get sunrise
  2. reached there at 0530am - but no allowed to come in until 6 - so scrapped off sunrise
  3. waited for 20 minutes at the gate for foreigners
  4. saw some people at the other gate - for locals - and made friends, decided to try to put my Indonesian malay to the test
  5. Passed through the language test, until I had to declare my camera, which I called "kamera"... local people say "foto", so the guy asked where I am from, I quickly said kamera foto, and from Jakarta. He sneered a bit, repeating "kamera foto" under his breath... cilaka the guy, think he didnt believe me, but I got through
  6. I know for sure I can pull off talking like an Indonesian...
  7. Foreigner entrance USD11.00, Local Rp9,000 (about 10% of the foreigners' price) cilaka
  8. took pictures like crazy at Borobudur, Mendot, Pawon, Silver Workshop, Batik workshop
  9. went back to sleep after lunch
  10. woke up to walk along Malioboro
  11. had KFC for dinner - specialty of KFC Indonesia: pecedel - like potato kueh with spice... nice
  12. GOT MYSELF A BALINESE DJIN MOTIVE TATS!!!!!! called leak. Temp saja bah...
  13. going to do some more walking, till tomorrow - afternoon to Solo
lesson of the day: camera in Indonesia is called foto, and videocam is called fideo

27 APRIL - evening
  1. went around Jakarta the last time before going back to the hotel to fetch my bags and straight to Gambir Station
  2. over-helpful porters at the station trying to help me carry my bags - for tips - but I'm not quite a tipper so I carried my own
  3. the station is so super over-crowded - scary to imagine bird flu spreading here -- or even TB
  4. the train arrived 15 minutes early - got myself a seat beside a family, also going to Yogya
  5. the executive coach included a meal on the way - stiff omelet with pecel, rice, a piece of fried fish and a banana. And oh ya, kropok. Plane-food is cuisine next to this...
  6. arrived Yogya at 0110am - scheduled at 0105am.. not bad at all...
  7. got myself checked into a 2 star hotel for Rp275,000 per night... but it's just right in front of the station @ Hotel Mendut - nama bida... but okay
  8. booked a chartered van to Borobudur for Rp300,000

No comments: