My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080420

trip: day 1.....

maybe make that -1

Two months ago I was impatient for this moment to come, but today I felt a slight heaviness in leaving KK while some works are still not settled. I probably have to make few phone calls from KL and send a letter by email to be printed and faxed to the districts. But I am glad I took this decision to just let things down for once and enjoy myself.

I had the feeling that few things were left behind when I left for the airport. On the way I realised that I've forgotten my travelbook, my sunglasses, the extra CF cards and I still haven't gotten my haircut.

The flight to KL was at 0605 am so I had to be at the airport at about 5am. Usually the first flight to KL would be relatively empty, and I usually get my favourite seat 25F that looks out at sunrise from the East. However, occasionally there would be a huge group traveling together, most of the time kids going for sports tournament somewhere. They would come really early, make a lot of noise and I don't get to sit on 25F. That's what happened today, but that was not the worst...

We were called to board the plane like usual, and having seated comfortably I put on my Walkman and decided to sleep-off the whole journey. It's a good thing I got myself noise blocking earphones - the type that sits right inside the ear canal - or else I would surely be irritable the whole trip - I've got kids chirping away their excitement traveling by air to my left, right, front and back -- and the one on my left was even getting physical... with her elbow.

The plane was taxiing off already when it suddenly stopped. Few minutes later the air-cond was gone and the lights flickered. Then the announcement from the co-pilot telling us to disembark. I don't have to make a guess at what was wrong, it's always technical, the magic excuse.

So we got down grumpily and told to wait while they try to fix the problem. While at that, we were served cold baguette and lousy coffee at the airport deli.

If you think plane-food is bad, the ones on the ground didn't quite make it either - cold baguette and cardboard coffee -- the perfect peace offering they can come-up with to appease an angry mob told to wait indefinitely while missing their connecting flights in KLIA.

After 2 announcements of indefinite delay time, I decided that rather than spend the time in the airport, I'll just make the trip tomorrow. Anyway I still got some things to settle back home. And probably a haircut in the afternoon...

The KK International Airport under reconstruction...

Well, I'm in no hurry.... I'm on holiday, anyway, right?

No comments: