- Phew. It's been a while. I'd love to say that I was extremely busy caught up in studies and work, and have no time to blog, but that wouldn't exactly be true. But then again, it isn't exactly untrue either.
- The second semester in MPH is kinda crazy. I probably won't be alone in saying that even at this stage where we're 3/4 on our way to getting a master degree in Public Health, many many of us are still floating on a limbo about what's happening with studies. The thought scares the shit out of me, especially at night when I'm about to sleep and I have that few minutes to reflect on my life.
- Thank goodness for actifed pills, which I occasionally (more often nowadays) abuse for its side effect, those thoughtful reflections are cut down to few minutes only, then I'd doze off to a beautiful uninterrupted slumber, and wake up fresh the next morning so I could procrastinate some more ;o)
- There's so much in my mind right now. The exams. The seminars. The debate. The weight loss. Or the plateau of weight loss rather.
- CNY has done some damage I've yet to salvage. I've conveniently dropped out of GX classes due to the mismatched scheduling, but I've leveled up my cycling effort on the stationary bike to max and burn off 500kcal every session. I suppose that's not enough. The last trip to the body-stats machine left me pretty depressed again. Sigh.
- Maybe I shouldn't be looking at the ideal weight at this point. I guess my intermediate target should be to get off the obesity BMI zone. That sounds more doable. Short term goal may help build up some self esteem here ;o)
- Red Nose Day Malaysia unfortunately has to be postponed. Not an easy thing for me to swallow, involving a lot of dying of the ego before I admit defeat and had to let it be postponed. Feel like venting much, but I suppose that would be counter productive, so I'll just take it positively, after all, I need to be focusing on my exams ;o)
- The new date for RNDM is tentatively 12th June 2011, the day before school reopens middle this year. After that I'll be planning the trip home for dad's big birthday ;o)
I've been noticing some peculiar trending among mini / compact car drivers in KL, hanging some sort of plush toys (usually same colour as their car) from the tow hoof at the rear end. I was curious so I did a little bit of googling, and found this explanation. Think I'm hanging something from my tow hook soon too ;o) or maybe I'll just hang a bucket.
"For some reason, it has become some sort of trend for people to hang toys or other items of their cars' rear tow hook, but the origination of this trend came from the Bosozoku (street gangsters with fixed up cars) in Japan. It was a Bosozoku trend to hang a small tin bucket from their rear tow hook to show off how low their cars were- they got the idea from seeing cement trucks in Japan, which always had a bucket hanging off the rear of the truck. The cement trucks used the bucket as a "catch can" of sorts, so that excess cement from the truck wouldn't spill onto the pavement. Inspired by this, the bosozoku trend setters attached small buckets to their rear tow hooks to show how low their bucket could hang- if your car was so low that the bucket could scrape on things as you were driving , they thought it was cool as hell."
Then Ben told me about the truck deco that looks like human testicles, and I think I'm getting these instead, haha....
(wikipedia) Truck nuts, also known as truck balls, BumperNuts, BumperBalls, or truck scrotums, are accessories for pickup trucks and other vehicles. Capitalizing upon the association of trucks with machismo, truck nuts resemble human testicles inside scrota of various colors. This trend began in the United States in 1998 and first sold on the internet in 1999. Truck nuts are used as a statement by the car, truck, ATV, and/or motorcycle owner to boast/amuse/shock him/her self and others. Truck nuts are installed at the rear of the vehicle in such a way that they are suspended in full view of motorists, motor cyclists, bicyclers, lorry drivers, bus drivers, pedestrians, and others behind them.So cooool!! Where can I get these?