My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20110317

what's hanging from your tow hook?


I've been noticing some peculiar trending among mini / compact car drivers in KL, hanging some sort of plush toys (usually same colour as their car) from the tow hoof at the rear end. I was curious so I did a little bit of googling, and found this explanation. Think I'm hanging something from my tow hook soon too ;o) or maybe I'll just hang a bucket.

"For some reason, it has become some sort of trend for people to hang toys or other items of their cars' rear tow hook, but the origination of this trend came from the Bosozoku (street gangsters with fixed up cars) in Japan. It was a Bosozoku trend to hang a small tin bucket from their rear tow hook to show off how low their cars were- they got the idea from seeing cement trucks in Japan, which always had a bucket hanging off the rear of the truck. The cement trucks used the bucket as a "catch can" of sorts, so that excess cement from the truck wouldn't spill onto the pavement. Inspired by this, the bosozoku trend setters attached small buckets to their rear tow hooks to show how low their bucket could hang- if your car was so low that the bucket could scrape on things as you were driving , they thought it was cool as hell."

Then Ben told me about the truck deco that looks like human testicles, and I think I'm getting these instead, haha....

(wikipedia) Truck nuts, also known as truck balls, BumperNuts, BumperBalls, or truck scrotums, are accessories for pickup trucks and other vehicles. Capitalizing upon the association of trucks with machismo, truck nuts resemble human testicles inside scrota of various colors. This trend began in the United States in 1998 and first sold on the internet in 1999. Truck nuts are used as a statement by the car, truck, ATV, and/or motorcycle owner to boast/amuse/shock him/her self and others. Truck nuts are installed at the rear of the vehicle in such a way that they are suspended in full view of motorists, motor cyclists, bicyclers, lorry drivers, bus drivers, pedestrians, and others behind them.

So cooool!! Where can I get these?

No comments: