My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080422

random juke: breakfast at tiffany's.....

I heard this song in a live band once and the tune got stuck in my head. Really catchy. I heard of the classical novella with the same title, and it's been made into a movie. This song is written, talking about the movie version...

The novel (and of course the movie) talks about a young lady by the name of Holly, who has had a bad childhood and consequently suffers from intimacy disorder and fear of commitment. She lives off shallow relationships with wealthy men and yet fails to return them any affection. Her fear of commitment is so severe that she didn't even name her cats because that would be too much commitment to a relationship. Her life changed when she met her neighbour, Paul, a non-productive writer who was maintained by a desperate but rich woman. Finally Holly would discover her true self and find what really makes her happy. In the movie, the song Moon River was first popularized.

The song version, however, talks about two young people in their rocky path to find love, and while she thinks that they both share nothing in common, but he thinks, that knowing and liking the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" together is a good common ground to start from.

DOWNLOAD BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S HERE
mp3 / 3.5 MB / 4m 11s / 112kbps
BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S
Deep Blue Something

You'll say, we've got nothing in common,
No common ground to start from,
And we're falling apart,
You'll say, the world has come between us,
Our lives have come between us,
Still I know you just don't care.

And I said, "What about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?'"
She said, "I think I remember the film,
And as I recall, I think, we both kind of liked it."
And I said, "Well that's, the one thing we've got."

I see you, the only one who knew me,
And now your eyes see through me,
I guess I was wrong,
So what now? It's plain to see we're over,
And I hate when things are over,
When so much is left undone.

And I said, "What about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's?'"
She said, "I think I, remember that film,
And, as I recall, I think, we both kind of liked it,"
And I said, "Well that's, the one thing we got."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Breakfast at tiffany's- definitely one of the best films ever! Moonriver- one of my all time fav songs too! Ok Rod...another one to add to the list when I get back home eh?! For karaoke i mean.

ARTEo said...

for you, my friend, karaoke everyday also can... hahaha