My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080525

what's been happening so far......

Thanks to the few people who actually missed my entries and asked if I am okay -- for not updating after so long... wah, terharu also lah, got people so concern about me one, so to you people, thank you very much lah, you know who you are ;-P..

Actually I have been away in KL for a meeting with the Malaysia AIDS Council, for a presentation of their Strategic Plan as an NGO to compliment the National Plan 2006-2010. I'd love to explain some more about the meeting but I don't want to put you guys to sleep so I'll spare you that.

One exciting thing about the meeting is that it's held in Chow Kit, and since I've not been to Chow Kit proper since medical school, I actually looked forward to this meeting. I stayed at Cititel Express Chow Kit, which is just in front of Jalan Haji Taib.

Chow Kit to me, and I know for a fact to another few of us, means only one thing - the night rounds we called "Jeffrey's Rounds" or just JR. I wrote a little bit about JR in my past entries, and this time, I have the opportunity to snap pictures of the streets, on which I learned the most important values to carry us along in medical field - that is humanity, the appreciation of the quality of life, and the respect for Life itself. the streets looked fairly unchanged after all these years, save a few developments here and there. I'll post up the pictures once I'm done editing them.

I then went around with Ben to MidValley, bought ourselves a feast and durian to be had in the hotel room. Purposely lagi bah tu. The difficult part was to bring the durian around using public transport. But we always stand or sit next to big families carrying bags and bags of shopping, because then other people wouldn't suspect it was us with the durian.

Just came back today (I mean, yesterday) and just after one day of rest and unloading my laundry, I have to pack up again for another trip to Tawau next week. Will be there for 3 days, giving talk for AIDS Updates.

During the discussion with MAC and PT Foundation, it sounds positive that they'd look into the urgent need of a drop in centre for TS (transsexuals) and SW (sex workers). With that, we probably will be able to shift the night clinic to the drop in centre. This piece of news is what makes work so much fun now.

Photos will be uploaded later!

No comments: