My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080510

travelogue: day 8 - around solo......

Last day in Indonesia.

The room in Solo Inn. At the rate of Rp315,000 a night, this is the most luxurious room I strayed in for the whole vacation.

Monument at Sriwedari Park.

Museum Radya Pustaka.

These are items in the museum, I could not remember the details of which, but I'll just put up the pictures here.

Then I took the becak to Kraton Kasunaman.

Local merchants selling ornamental keris.

Aik, got colour pula ni satu... macam mana boleh escape conversion nih? Nevermind la... just one exception...

The statue doing some gesture, of which in our place is considered vulgar...

Kraton Kasunaman area.

Keris making... hands and feet all involved in the art of it.

Slamet Riyaldi Statue.

After all the museums and Kratons and handicrafts centres, I was very much dying for some cold drinks. My advice, not for the weak stomached.

I asked for iced Coke, so this ibu took a chunk of ice from her cooler, wrapped it with a piece of cloth that was hanging at the fence next to her stall, and with a thick stick, beat the beJ**** out of that poor chunk and filled the ice chips in my glass. Since I'm going home later, so gohet aja lah.

Then I tried some guava juice. The lady claimed that she makes the best guava juice around, so I gave her a chance. My verdict - she should not have blended the seeds together with the flesh.

For lunch, I tried some local food in the nearby restaurant, Ayem Adem restaurant.

The ABC buah.

Nasi gudek ayam special. Gudek is a dish made of young jackfruit and boiled egg cooked in coconut milk.

Gado-gado.

Solo Airport.

Kuala Lumpur LCC Terminal. We waited about an hour plus for the luggage.

No comments: