My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080514

the one about sensibility and self-restrain......

Everyday I learn something new.....

Being a somewhat perfectionist, I have in many instances (more than I would usually define as perfectly okay) find myself meddling into the works that I have delegated to my colleagues.

One example is the screening of workers of entertainment outlets around KK and Penampang. Sometimes, out of impatience that things are not going according to my pace, I would make a surprise visit to the district office and push my colleague at the district level to do mapping, or contact establishment at that very moment. Even the mapping at Waterfront today was very much at my dictation. As we were going around, Hendrew had to answer phonecalls from his office regarding the HFMD panic that's been affecting some parents. He should be at the office rather than out on the street counting clubs and pubs.

That got me thinking, that I probably have my hands too deep in the works that I have delegated to the district, and it's about time to practise more trust on my district colleagues to do their work.

Former US President Roosevelt once said something along this line. A good leader has the sensibility to choose the right people for a task, or delegate the right task to the righ people, and then has enough self-restrain to keep from meddling with them while they do it.

This may not be an entirely new thing for me, but with this, I hope to start anew...

No comments: