My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080508

travelogue: day 6 - yogyakarta part 2_malioboro...

Woke up after a few hours of nap, refreshed, and ready to walk the famous Malioboro Street. The weather has been kind to me in Indonesia, bright sunny days and occasional rain at night.

The view from the back of Mendut Hotel.

Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away, On my way to where the air is sweet.... Can you tell me how to get, how to get to...

...Malioboro street?

No this is not Malioboro yet.

My lunch for the day, KFC. Here, every meal comes with rice, and for Rp3,000 extra, you get to exchange rice with potato fries. They also have Indonesian croquette Perkedel instead of whipped potato and coleslaw.

Okay, this is Malioboro Street, endless stacks of T-shirts, crafts, batiks, souvenirs along the whole street. There will be people trying to interest you in their local batik gallery at the back alleys. There was one extremely insistent on me seeing his gallery comprising of 25 artists. I thought I got rid of him when I went up KFC to have lunch. Apparently he waited for me outside the restaurant and still asking me to come with him... So I went along to give face and went off after spending 10 minutes at his gallery. He's got some nice batik works, but I'm just too cheapskate to buy anything like that.

If you ask the locals, they'd advice you to buy things from Beringharjo Market instead where you can get cheaper batiks and T-shirts.

In front of Beringharjo Market.

Salak is one of Jogja's famous local fruit.

Es Kelapa - refreshing anywhere, anytime.

The Grafitti art on some of the walls.

The guy who did my tattoo. He is now tracing the flash onto the transfer paper, and on my request, elongate the tongue of Rangda so that it'll stick out of my sleeve.

Unlike the people going to Miami Ink, I probably don't have much to say about my tattoo, since it's a fake one anyway. But I like the image, and probably would get a real one someday.

Rangda - the evil Spirit of the Barong Mythology.

Bagus bah...

No comments: