My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080227

what i did today...

Today was another unconventional day at work. Since our Health Inspector has gone for a course for 3 days, the boss Dr Praba and myself are left to man the unit, and since most of the technical works are done by the HI, we were pretty much paralysed other than making phone calls, planning for the next meeting and... yea, pretty much that was it.

So I decided that I should take this opportunity to get some banking done and visit my Pharmacist friend to get some medicine. I followed the department vehicle down town and had a mind of going around Wisma Merdeka to see if I can get a camera backpack that I can carry along in Jakarta.

After I was done with the banks, I went over to a few photography shops and very much to my disappointment I didn't see anything I like, in fact there was a few but the price range is absurd. Then I came across this shop which also sells overpriced camera bags, but I was caught by something else... a telephoto zoom lens for only RM800! I was eyeing on a 200mm zoom lens which costs about the same, but this one I am talking about is a 300mm lens! How can it be so cheap? After calling my uncle to ask for his opinion, I decided to walk home a poor-bugger today.


It would be crazy not to fall in love instantly at this...


I figured to survive my mindless spending spree, I would have to resort to bread and water for the next month... Bread I sure did have, but it came today with a sunny-side-up, smoked salmon with side salad and a refillable coffee... Gosh. Dr Praba is right. I need to get married fast to stop all this madness...


I could have called the driver to come back for me (I was carrying a very valuable cargo anyway) but suddenly I thought of taking the bus back to work, since the last time I took a bus in KK was probably, no, definitely more than 10 years ago. So I took a walk across town to the bus stop.

KK is already all laced with banners and posters on plywoods reminding people who to vote for during the upcoming election.


Amidst all this campaigning, political struggle and sweet manifestos being thrown around and about, I know at least some people are happy to make money out of it...


KK town... some snapshots:


Ah, I think RM100 has stopped being a pinch quite a while ago... Nowadays we need to fine people by the thousands to have any impact at all..


To make way for the election campaign posters, the red lanterns have to be taken down... There are hundreds of these lying around KK...


My new home... Klinik Kesihatan Ibu dan Anak Pekan Kota Kinabalu.


I saw this column of black smoke, probably some buildings are on fire... or it could be from the apposite island - Pulau Gaya. We'll know tomorrow...


This buflfllo doesn't seem to be very happy that I come over to take their picture...


The view from inside of this ancient bus - one of the myriads of busus with unique characteristic, typical to Sabahan buses... along the way you can hear the whole bus rattling katakatakatakatakata all the way...


And from where I was sitting, there used to be a bell to alert the driver that you want to come down at the next stop. I hope I'm not the only one wanting to get down at the hospital... the bus ride costs as little as 70cents. Really.


There are 6 arrows on this short stretch of road... how much directions do people need to go up and the hill?


Shamelessly I think I am turning into one of those cam-whores I once swear I will not be...

1 comment:

s.teo said...

wahaha..welcome to the cam-whore world..i know u enjoy it..