My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080229

truth and honesty...

In response to an entry I read from another blog...
...Honesty is such a lonely word...
Everyone is so untrue...
Honesty is hardly ever heard...
And mostly what I need from you....

Even before the question was famously popped during biblical time, few hours preceding the death of our Lord, philosophers of various school of thoughts have already been debating the subject... What they may get out of such intellectual discourse probably is only a scientific way to explain truth as it is, but far from being philosophers and great thinkers, we know, even as normal people, the concept of truth and how important it is in our life...

Unfortunately, much more than a few of us have been pulled into lies and deceit, even if we admit that it is beyond our will. Most of the time we are afraid of the truth itself, more so if knowing the truth involves looking inwards into our own hearts. Many a times I had to, like I said, look inwards and admit to what I find there. Not many times I love what I find inside, and many a times knowing the truth has caused so much unpeace. Having said about the unpeace that comes with realisation of truth, I have to admit also to the freedom that comes later...

So about truth, be it in friendship or in love, or any human relationships for that matter, I have learned that truth and honesty cannot and should not be compromised. Most of the time, truth can be painful to accept, but the pain after truth can never be compared to the pain that comes after deceit and dishonesty...

What have we got to lose. if we choose truth? Probably short term benefits, but we'll never know the freedom that it promises. Only a true friend or a true love will tell you what you really need to hear, and that is, in fact, the truth...

No comments: