My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080202

kk city day parade...

In the true festival mood, my sister and I set out to join in the fun (?fun) as people of all colours (literally) and backgrounds come over to celebrate the 8th Anniversary of KK City... Actually we went to put our new cameras to the test, my brand new H9 and her even newer, just out of the box W80...


Sumandaks-sumandaks with their takiding, feathers, ornamental beads and all... original.


Well, in the midst of a Cultural Extravaganza, I can't really say that I'm expecting to meet Snow White in all her splendor (with the out-of-bed look) and the Grimm flashing his boners... ewww...


The guy in white spots an "artist" tag (who is he?), but I guess the main attraction here are those with not much more than just their headgears and their loincloths on... I was afraid that the picture will be underexposed and not turn out well in B&W, but it's okay... The lady in the squid-bikini shows taste in her eye-wear...


Sticking the tongues out... translates as "hello, bbluuaahhh"


The stationary float, the ark with gigantic swordfish, a couple of turtles, a huge orang-utan and some other creatures...


Amongst those who participated was a team from my former school, spotting a comical stork. Can't say I'm too proud of them...


Sandra getting up-close and personal with a Maori guy impersonating Kenny G... or is it the other way round...


And of course, what better way to finish off a carnival other than burning thousands of tax-payers money in colourful combustions...

No comments: