My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080227

from my last visit to tungku...

I finally went over to Lahad Datu by flight after a few attempts to get another government vehicle authorised for the trip... I guess the SLR and all the tripods would have to wait in line for the next outing, and what more fun it is to get to go to Jakarta... hehe...

We took the first flight over on MasWings aboard a Fokker-50. Not quite a bad view although I had to cram into so little space and I had to crouch down to be able to see out the window... Thanks God I had H9 with me which allows for multi angle viewing...


The meeting was short in Lahad Datu, we kinda finished everything within a day. Since we had off for the whole of Friday I decide to go early to Tungku to meet up with Dr Peter, a replacement they got for the Tungku after I left it vacant for more than seven months.

The trip back was kinda emotional for me, because somehow there is this feeling that I no longer can say that this is my clinic, now that it's Dr Peter's. However I still got a very warm welcome, especially from the kids... some of them I've seen since birth and got the honour to christen the with their name... quite an honour, really! I don't know if I'd ever get to do that again (other than on my own kids) or have my glorious days, my Pax ARTEo gone pass without me knowing its ended? sigh...

Anyway, it was a photographic journey, I took in as much as I could.

Left to right, Natasha, Adam Zachery (I gave him the name), Jikon, Fahmi, AC, Josephine Emily (I gave her the name), Jonathan and Jessie.


Kak Ani, Dr Peter, John, myself, Setiah and Rosnah


Kak Ani, John, Rosnah, myself, Setiah and Hemron.


In my former consultation room with Setiah and Kak Ani.


A view from the walkway connecting building A and B of our huge Clinic Complex.


Tungku was the time when I had the opportunity to do the wildest things, well, probably not as wild as some others, but I am already known as a person who'd rather sit on the car bucket than inside the cabin. Knowing that I may not have much chance to do that anymore, I decide to sit behind throughout the journey from Lahad Datu town to Tungku which will take about 1 hour (72km to be exact).


Nescafe in the wind...


That night they prepared a barbecue for me, too bad Dr Peter couldn't join us, he was away in KK for the weekend. I doubt I will get this close to my staff in KK, the lifestyle is different and usually there's a huge gap between doctors and other staffs...


Then the bad luck continued... My old junk broke down like a dozen times and drained away 6 newly charged batteries not including the numerous times we had to jump-start the car on the roadside. I'm in no mood to write about another automobile mishap that occured in the same week, so I'll just post the pictures here... go buy the numbers, if win please share!


Imagine having to wait for rescue under the afternoon sun...


We came home only after 19 1/2 hours on the road, that even that we had to abandon the car in the reserve forest in between Telupid and Ranau... not goood... don't want to talk about it...


The next day, dad had to get my uncle, my brother and cousin to go retrieve the car... in a nutshell, all is well. Sigh...

No comments: