My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080213

of the photos i didn't take myself...

Some photos that resurfaced during the recent spring cleaning... and surely some of those lanes are rather "embarrassing" rather than "fond" to walk through again...

...like the time right after SPM, taking pictures with Kong, Foo, Wong and Edward... spotting big hair was still a trend in the late 90s? I suppose barber-visits come second during exam times... Hey, good grades come with a price, although not always photogenic ones, hehehe...

...unlike most teenagers, I didn't get a chance to work while waiting for SPM result, instead I got enrolled into a Pre-U Programme with Tshung Tsin. But I'm not complaining, some of the best memories and character- development happened here, as I was forced into selling myself for top seats in the Student Council, Vic was the self-acclaimed Campaign Manager...

...in fact, joining Interact Club was probably the best thing that happened in the second half of high-school... we even went for an Interact Conference in June, the same year we sat for SPM...

...Leon from St Mary was our host for the Conference...

...3 crocs...

...Pre-U days gave an opportunity for us to be involved in a stage production during the Teachers' Day Celebration... the sketch was called The Show Must Go On, with Mr Reggie, our English Teacher also our producer...

...I can't remember when was this taken, but I think it was during one of the breaks from medical school... fellow kindreds, Syn Yee and Evelyn...

...I guess the biggest thing that happened to me in the last 10 years was to survive medical school, and become what I've always dreamed to be since Form 4... though I cannot say that the philosophy of wanting to be a doctor has been constant, but I'm glad I've had the opportunities to look into the eyes of those in pain, heard the stories of those side-lined by the community, held the hand of a dying and carried in my arms, one that we just welcomed onto this Stage called Life... and know that there's little else that I would want to do otherwise...

...during our Public Health Posting at Negeri Sembilan, a touch and go programme that failed to leave any deep and constructive impression on what Public Health is really about, until I have to discover it on my own after Housemanship...

...with the gang after Community Health Education and helping them in gotong-royong... really, if there's anything I'd like to change to Medical Programme that I went through, it would be the Social and Preventive Medicine module where we're supposed to pick up Public Health...

...one that cannot be beaten, was a bicycle ride from Ipoh all the way to KL through the trunk road... in a span of 4 days and 3 nights, we covered nearly 300 kilometers on our butts, and there were only 2 of us crazy enough to do something like that... Kain Inn and myself made it on time, 2 minutes before 6pm which was our target...

...memories of my room: blue wall, bar-fridge, coffee machine and jazz playing almost continuously... the only thing that is missing is a proper table for me to study, since I've used it as a coffee-counter... so I had to study on the bed, no kidding! Here with Tony and Kai Inn... see the red clown nose on me, some seniors nick-named me Patch in medical school after knowing that I sneaked into the minor-OT during late nights to learn suturing (stitching) waaay before I was allowed to do that...

I think these are the last few film-photographs that survived during the days before there was DigiCam...

2 comments:

XiGorX said...

black and white...a balance color of perfectionism...nice

ARTEo said...

haha, just a theme colour I thought would beat the monotony of other people's blogs... cis, mau juga!