My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090505

travelogue: bali day 7........

  1. Got to know from last night that Barong play also in the morning but in another district - Batubulan. So woke up at 7 this morning to get a taxi to Batubulan. Chatted with the driver along the way, and had quite a good discussion about culture and Balinese Hinduism, so got him to shuttle me around. Earlier agreed upon price - Rp80.000 one way to Batubulan
  2. During breakfast, learned about a farm, north of Ubud that has Luwak and the Luak coffee plantation - decided that rather than seeing all the other touristy stuff, I wanted to see Luwak Coffee plantation instead..
  3. Barong show was superb - Rp80.000
  4. Went to the Plantation after taking some pictures of hillside paddy plantation. Got some Coffee Luwak, Ginger Tea and Lemongrass Tea - Rp24.000 discounted price - just because I could speak Indonesian.. Pass Banget!
  5. Ate original local Nasi Campur at Kedewatan - Rp28.000 for 2 person, damn cheap
  6. The whole tour guide to Batubulan, across villages of Ubud and the northen province cost Rp250.000, he said he charges Rp50.000 an hour for trips like this, but I didn't bargain anymore for I had quite a satisfactory tour.
  7. Slept a bit in the afternoon after shower, cape bener..
  8. Walked along Jl Hanuman, and went in for an early dinner at Dirty Duck Bebek Bengil - expensive siut - Rp64.000 per portion, Rp84.315 all and all plus drinks
  9. Went back, took a shower and headed on for Legong Ramayana at Ubud Palace - Rp80.000. Asyik dong!
  10. Rushed right after that to a live jazz show at Coffee and Silver Cafe, came in only in time for their last set - dang, but still, I enjoyed every moment of it... Had chicken wings Rp15.000, Bintang besar Rp23.000 and Half/Half Frapp Rp19.000... and bought the CD from the band playing - Rp80.000... latest CD count - 8 pieces to date...
  11. One thing I hate about Bali is people tend to speak Japanese to me... but they get a surprise when I speak Indonesian back - and when they find out I'm from malaysia, then they make the irritating "nak ke mane? or dari Malaysie!!! tinggal di mane??" Eh, kitorang tak cakap camtu ler....
  12. Came back happy, I think this is still the best day spent throughout this trip to date... hoping for more good things to come... Asyik dong!!!

No comments: