My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090517

arteo in singapore, day 1........

Getting around in Singapore is really convenient, provided you get the hang of the interconnecting railways system. It took me a few minutes to orientate myself looking at a linear map with fish-bone structures showing the stations and interchange stops... But it sure beat Malaysian railways anytime, at least in Singapore, we don't have to exit a particular station to get to the other one railway line, and there's a One-Card-Fits-All convenience... the bus from the border stops here, Kranji, or else one also can stop at Bugis... but I followed the crowd and end up at Kranji.

Coming out from Outram Station, walking towards Chinatown to get a place to rest my head for the night...

Singapore, neat and clean... nice.

Along Kiong Saik Street, where I find Chinatown Inn for S$58.00 per night... decent, but ouch...

Reminds me of an old school...

The back lanes behind Kiong Saik

After dumping my bags, I took a quick shower and headed for Orchard Road, the must-go for anyone who visits Singapore...

Stopping by to pay homage to the Singaporean Siren...

Street performance...

And while in one of the shopping malls, suddenly I saw something that gave me a vertigo accompanied by tachycardia and tachypnoea.......

Let me zoom-in to that a little...

Yea, it was a shoes and bags affair sales -- two of the things that I am nuts about, but unfortunately I could not find anything I would want for myself, and a typical chinabeng saleswoman pushed in the reality for me "for men dun have, for girls onny have"

Well, no luck for me at the bags department, so I went to get something that I must try in every new place that I go to -- the local KFC -- okay Keets, you can roll your eyes now.


After dinner, I went out for a walk and saw this dessert, ice cream sandwich on bread (S$1.00)

Buskers in the underpass, the surrounding gives the music an echo-ey effect, and makes it sound really nice.

Went out for a drink at Clarke Quay, but did not bring my camera along, just in case if I got drunk... but anyhow, the higher exchange rate hindered me from getting anywhere near drunk... I just have to get my beers from another country then...

No comments: