My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090516

arteo in johor bahru........

I attended another session of AMOH course at JB recently, totalling to 3 courses within a year since last year. But it's okay, I'm not complaining.

From an overhead bridge going towards Pelangi Plaza.

With the Legend in Public Health - Dato' Dr Senan

After almost a week in JB without my camera (would you believe it, I almost went to my vacation without my camera, my driver had to send it urgently using courier service) I went on a snapping spree while catching up with Adrian Ng and his new disciples around JB town.

Some tame pigeons feeding on seedlings on the street just outside the cheap hotel I stayed for the night before going to Singapore.

Hotel A Vista Melati - Rm68 a night but without air-conditioning - with all the dust you can eat, quite an offer there...

Another incident happened at night, remember I was saying that the hotel room was very dusty, and without air-cond... yea, just the right recipe for me to cook up a bad asthmatic attack, and at that time, my canister was going on empty, and I was hoping that I can last through the night till I get a new canister the next day.

At about midnight, my mental pushiness about not having my medicine with me got the better of the situation, and although I wasn't really getting an attack but I was so anxious about it I actually became breathless. So I decided to just dress up and take a walk around town to look for a 24 hours clinic to get one. But lo, the things we see quite everywhere in KK actually is a rarity in JB, doctors don't actually do 24 hrs business there. So I had to take a 1/2 hr walk to a private hospital to get my supplies.

After a few wrong turns and some frustrating sessions of asking the wrong people around, I finally found it, behind some really tall buildings. And to my horror, they also do not sell spray canisters at night!! But the doctor on duty was nice enough to offer me hers, but I declined it, so I took a nebuliser and thought that it should last me till the morning. I was already expecting to pay hundred plus for the service I got - which is quite good, they offered me Milo and everything - but she let me go off without paying...

But the worse has yet to pass, at about 5 in the morning, I woke up feeling restless - the electricity was cut and I was swimming in my own perspiration, and wheezing... I was feeling so unwell, I took a cab and went to search for a clinic that was open at that time - and I got my inhaler at the second clinic we went to. The taxi charge was only RM20, so it's okay, since I was dying anyway!!

Cooling off while waiting for the electricity to come back.

The next morning, I checked out and was on my way to cross the border, after a refreshing cup of breakfast coffee at my usual place.....

The first picture I took of a series of photos showing me on various posts getting my immigration clearance - unfortunately I got caught while taking the picture of the signage that says Woodlands, and I was called aside by the officer, who demanded to see my camera and got me to erase all the pictures inside the building. Damn, just my luck.

Aboard the bus to the border.

Selat Johor from the bus.

No comments: