My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080612

a piece of pawn on the godfather's board......

I have to admit, I feel more alive nowadays, more happy and looking forward to the days ahead because work is back! Ah, although I hate to admit that I am dependent on work to feel like this, but someone once told me that it's normal to feel this way... although the day could be slightly more stressful (then again, what stress?) and traveling seems to be an agenda to be planned weeks in advance, I sleep better at night, through the tiredness from the day's work. Remember how I was complaining about depression a while ago? That ARTEo has left the ship, leaving the old ARTEo who loves his job! Uiseh...

But while I was going through the HIV case management files in Sandakan earlier this morning, I got a call from Dr Yusof (he's like the GodFather who extracted me from Lahad Datu a year back to the HQ, and when he was transferred out, I was orphaned, left hiding in the office, facing the danger or being transferred out too - another reason why I got so depressed) but all is well now, GodFather, being a Survivor surely with a capital S, is back and I can come out from hiding again! Yay!

Ah I was talking about the phone call, actually it was a message asking me to call him back. Suspiciously the sms sounds almost identical with the one I received from him almost a year ago! If I guessed it right, it could mean only one thing... movement! And sure enough I read the signs quite correctly, he offered me another transfer, this time back to the East Coast, to be the Area Medical Officer of Health for Beluran.

It is a good opportunity for me to practice and learn about district management, since I am thinking of taking up Masters in Public Health anyway, and someone has advised me to go to the district in order to sail through MPH. Hmmm.... Yea the mixed feeling is familiar, I got the same one when I was taken out of Lahad Datu.

One thing about Dr Yusof is, people acknowledge that he has an eye for people he wants to train up, and being handpicked by him can only mean good thing...

A new beginning... I am asking for transfer to Lahad Datu, at least there's a programme or two there that's quite close to my heart, like the SexWork Outreach and the Father Friendly Antenatal Course... Maybe I get to do something for the kids under Malnutrition Recovery programme too.... wah banyak idea already!

No comments: