My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080608

the aftermath.... post-siopon morn......

ko/gu/tan (noun) orig. kadazandusun sum of unpleasant physiological effects following heavy consumption alcoholic beverages. [e.g. silaka, sakit kapla sya, kogutan ni, jangan ko macam-macam] The formal name for a kogutan is veisalgia, from the Norwegian word for "uneasiness following debauchery" (kveis) and the Greek word for "pain" (algia) -- an appropriate title considering the uncomfortable symptoms experienced by the average drinker. The most commonly reported characteristics of kogutan include symptoms of dehydration, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, elevated body temperature, hypersalivation, difficulty concentrating, anxiety, irritability, sensitivity to light and noise, erratic motor functions, trouble sleeping and lack of depth perception. Many people will also be repulsed by the thought or taste of alcohol during kogutan. The symptoms vary from person to person, and occasion to occasion, usually beginning several hours after drinking.

***********************************************************************

I've not had a hangover for a very very very long time now, and quite gladly too... This morning I woke up at the sofa, with Bobbi sleeping at my feet and Rex licking my fingers, then putting his head on my hand, asking for a neck rub. Sisqo looking suspiciously at me, Rocky no where to be seen and Yuki minding her own business under the table.

Wow, it's not funny, I slept with the dogs! Haha, not as bad as it sounds actually but my host actually owns 5 pooches in the house.

At about half past 6 I woke up the first time, roughly remembered I puked in the toilet last night, so I went to check if I cleaned up after myself. Either I did it on auto-pilot mode, or the dogs ate it up, the toilet was clean. (But Mesh said I left something on the floor, pieces of chicken I suppose, sorry dude)

My head was heavy so I went back to sleep. At about 9, I woke up again, and helped out a bit on cleaning the mess from last night (although minimally) and was ready to get breakfast by 1030. I was still not feeling good in the head and stomach, so I had to poke myself in the throat. Funnily I puked out more chicken (how much did I take, really?) and that piece of eggplant I took from last night, plus a few pieces of long beans. Probably food floats on alcohol, that's why I still have my food in recognisable forms... yucks.

I badly needed coffee to flush down the nausea, and being bulimic didn't really help. Ah, that's probably why I'm still fat today, had I been comfortable with bulimia, I'd be sexy by now, hahaha. And Jr didn't have coffee in the house. There was a bottle of unopened Kahlua I see, but I guess coffee liqueur won't do much help for my hangover. A couple of paracetamol would have to do.

Had brunch at Wan Wan Restaurant, and I was dying already for strong coffee by then. The konloh noodle with fishcake soup was nice, but quite rarely, I wasn't able to finish mine.

Adventure was the word of the day so we carpooled to 1-Borneo on its opening day, to jalan-jalan. The jam was quite unbelievable, we had to park across the complex, at Alam Mesra to park the car, then a walk across the construction site to reach 1-Borneo.

The jam.

The jam.

Nih, Mesh, si (@%^# insert choice word to replace gibberish) yang tiau ko secara tiba-tiba tu... pasal ko pijak simen dia bah kan? Kita kasi tayang muka dia sini! Baru dia tau!

The crowded complex. Kenapa ramai nih? Ada barang free ka?

Patung mencangkug macam mau birak.

Ada lagi kuda pakai baju...


No comments: