My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20101203

exams, bullshites, chicken and chillex...........

  1. Starting to do locum again. Figured that even if I sit at home in hope that I would do some studying for the exam, I'm just gonna kid myself. Might as well do some good, helping the community to receive better medical treatment and health care (read: make money from sick people).
  2. Monday paper was on Biostatistics. Of all the things that could happen, I actually forgot to bring along my calculator to the exam. Not that I don't have any, in fact I have 2 calculators - one normal basic type and another scientific type that I just brought over from KK (nostalgic one I used for my PMR and SPM, the precursor of all the canggih canggih type we see today, I think they stopped production of this model more than a decade ago). Luckily Tony was there to help me borrow one from the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
  3. Tuesday paper was on the Principles of Epidemiology. Should be my forte, given the experience working in the field, but not too sure anymore. Can someone still be an Epidemiologist flunking statistics?
  4. Wednesday was the paper I spent most days reading on (although number of days may not necessarily correspond to amount of revision done). Management in Health was a kelentong paper, and although I cannot say for sure I did well for the paper, but at least I attempted all questions and I think I managed to bullshite my way through most of the questions. Friggin' Maslow and Henzberg, I am so glad I spent one good locum evening reading all their bulls on human motivation, and able to bull some of them back during the exam.
  5. Thursday paper on Occupational and Environmental Health was baaaaaad. NEVER in my life have I ever left any questions unattempted in any exams, and this day, the 2nd of December, 2010AD, I did just that. I am so never going to be an Occupational Health Doctor anymore. Or rather, Environmental Health Doctor. Whatever. I left a short note question that costs 10 points blank. The effect of climate change on health. I kept on thinking about pollution effect on health. How was I supposed to know how does climate change effect the health of people? Why not ask the weatherman to become the doctor? Maybe he knows!
  6. Sigh. Actually that was given during the last lecture and I should attempt the question on the angle of weather related disasters leading to population displacement and its effect on health. Damn. Damn. Damn.
  7. Slapping myself hard on Thursday after the exam, I went to buy half a chicken for lunch from Cold Storage Deli, and 2 packs of nasi lemak and fried chicken wings for dinner from the pasar malam. Just don't tell Shah I did that. I felt so sick after that, I had to take ENO repeatedly to help with digestion. Blaagghhh..... after all that BodyCombat and BodyJam and running on the treadmill, I hate myself.
  8. Today's paper was on Principles of Family Health. I did not leave any questions blank this time, but for one of the 15 points short notes, I just had enough time to write 3 lines of answer, in hope that I get 3 points out of it.
  9. I think my problem is that I do not know how to differenciate essays from short notes and problem solving questions, because the way I was writing, I think answered 8 essays instead of 4 short notes, 2 essays and 2 problem solvings questions. Well, 7 essays because one of it has only got 3 lines. Even for Management paper and the OEH paper, I feel that I have attempted all the questions in essay manner, writing longish craps and wasted so much time there.
  10. But I write essays in my sms texts too, so.... oh well.
  11. Five down, two more to go. Monday paper will be on Health Risks Assessment (yucky, now that I am so sure I cannot be an Occupational Health Physician anymore) and the last paper on Wednesday, Law and Health. Another kelentong paper, hopefully I am able to bull it through like how I did the Management exam.
  12. Spirit is quite low after the shitty papers for the last 2 days, and now weekend, yay! Shall I go and chillex with some 40%vv type of spirit instead?
  13. I hate people who uses the word chillex.

No comments: