My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20101231

the year that was 2010..........

for the first half of 2010, I was still flying over the mountain twice a week... now I'm missing the view...
  1. I know, I know, the last few entries were crap entries but I really want to hit 100 posts for this year, so just let me continue ;o)
  2. 2010 was marked with quite a few major changes in life. Going on study leave to pursue Master in Public Health was one. It wasn't easy to regrease the brain engine after leaving it out rusty for donkey years. But it was probably the single most important decision that I've made in this year.
  3. Leaving office was not so easy on the emotions. I've been working in the past 7 years, from managing a clinic to managing a state programme, and finally managing a district health office. I've worked with the best staffs, being guided by the best seniors who treated me like peers and was mentored by the best boss who believed in me. Coming back to studies where everyone starts from scratch, not so exciting.
  4. MPH has been okay so far. First semester exam just passed and now waiting for the results in a few days time. The next semester starts on Monday. Having worked in the field did help in understanding concepts, but come exam, whatever I know may just freeze and refuse to come down in writing. Why that happened is still a mystery.
  5. Okay, maybe I didn't mug hard enough. Promised myself to mug harder for next semester ':o/
  6. Rekindled some lost friendships, made some new ones... and in the process made some 'dislikes' too perhaps. Learned that anger, frustration, disappointment is not the opposite of love, but can be part of love. Hate is the opposite of love. Since I don't hate anybody, I must be loving everybody! Oh wow...
  7. But wait... then there was that person who stole our Christmas toys... okay, there is someone that I hate >:o(
  8. The most exciting month has to be December when I turned an evening of depression into fruitful initiation to start on Project Toy Story. Now come to think of it, I have the 3 Ps to thank for doing the publicity (another P here)... Pang (of Annexe Gallery) Patrick Teoh (of Niamah!! blog) and Poesy (of Helping Angels)... Nice coincidence ;o) By the way, the name Operation Toy Story was coined by Pang, not me.
  9. One of the frustrations I've had in this year, was the inability to keep to training discipline despite having a Personal Trainer to whip me around the exercise machines. One reflection from this. I guess I'm more comfortable climbing on the machines on my own effort than having someone push me there.
  10. The total body fat composition is another strong drive to keep coming back to the gym. I was upset with the 42.2% earlier, which got me started with OTS. After a couple of weeks of going to the gym and toiling on OTS (and I swear I didn't stuff the face during Christmas) I couldn't believe my eyes when the body stats machine reads 43.3%! on the good side, my weight did drop.
  11. Now that does it... I will not let some numbers (in percentage) define who I am. Now off to bigger projects....

No comments: