My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20101222

tang-yuen, toys and the grinch who stole christmas toys.....

you're on Santa's BAD BAD boy list, Grinch!
  1. Can hardly find time to blog down updates on Operation Toy Story. Was on the move for the past few days, receiving tremendous amount of toys and gifts, Ookikuro could hardly be stuffed more at one point of time. Felling good, feeling the Fuzz. And also feeling tired, of course...
  2. Winter Solstice today. Missing the tang-yuen that Kakak makes. It used to be without season in Asrama Budi, we had it whenever we feel like it, or whenever Kakak wasn't too tired to roll some gelatinous rice flour into marble sized yummy marbles. Moments like this makes me miss home much.
  3. This week has been crazy with pickups for those that could not make it for the Annexe drop-off. Starting from Friday till yesterday I've been in shopping malls and driving all over Damansara, Subang and Mont Kiara under the hot sun and crazy rain.
  4. The BJ condo right now looks like a petting zoo with so many kinds of fluffy animals in it, ducks, puppies, dinosaurs and mostly my species, the bears. Haha.
  5. Just last night, a deranged individual (or maybe there are few of them I can't be too sure) broke into Albert's car, and swept away 1/3 of the toys that he collected on his side. I am actually upset about this, but some people had asked me to see it in brighter light, since it's Christmas... not sure I can do that. The Grinch will pay for what he's done! Fortunately Albert's car was okay. Note to all and myself: Do Not Leave ANYTHING not even toys in your cars!
  6. Still having problem looking for a suitable place to centralise gifts and toys collection for wrapping and preparation before sending off to UMMC paeds wards on the 24th... Hoping to get a free space to fit around 20-30 working elves called Scouts, and maybe a bit of finger food pot luck while working... ;o)
  7. Many lessons learned from doing this. One of them is: Need anything? Ask for it. Nicely.
  8. Received a lot of undeserving pat on the back for doing this. In actual fact, the real Superstars are those who generously donated, and those that offered their help to drive around, to navigate, to pickup, to publicize and do scrubbing and conditioning of the toys, being on the phone to look for resources and space, and willing to offer up their own home for this project. When I started off writing the emails to ask for pre-loved toys, it was imagined like a size of a cupcake. Now I have a 3-levels fabulous cake of a project to handle. Wow.
  9. I wish for this Christmas, to have someone play O'er the Rainbow, live on a piano, or violin, or guitar, that I can listen to with my eyes closed and imagine that wonderful place beyond the rainbow where my troubles would melt like lemon-drops. Haha. Or What A Wonderful World. My two all time favourite songs.

No comments: