My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20070719

the day i could not fix a puncture...

After going through medical school, and especially Housemanship at Queen Hospital, there's little that I'd admit I couldn't fix... wow, statement tu bah!

But really, for one with pride and ego the size of Sheol (quoting a friend - I wonder how big that really is) being pushed to admit my own incapability is probably equivalent to any ancient Chinese torture - until it came to my dad's Hilux punctured wheel - I quickly tuck my sorry tail in between my legs and called for s.o.s.

It happened all of a sudden, with the steering wheel getting increasingly heavy. I suspected something was wrong, so I parked the car at the curb. Got down, and checked first the right hind wheel, the the left hind, then the left front, and I almost went, what happened? Until I almost tore my eyes looking at the front right tire was torn (with wire mesh sticking out of its laceration) and the spindle-looking gadget (whatever you call the thing that holds the wheel in place) was exposed and touching the floor!

Knowing nothing about automobiles (ouch, my pride) I quickly called for first my cousin (just in case he knows where the toolbox is kept) and then my driver from the office to come and save me! It took him about 15 minutes to fix the whole damn thing (just about the time needed to do an uncomplicated Caesarean Section). I didn't even know you need to poke a long pole to the 'behind'of the vehicle, give it a little turn and wholla, the spare tire came down hanging from underneath.

Ah, I am so getting a driver when I can afford one. That's why I must go back to work now, and make more money!

my saviour for the day, PKB Awang from Vector Unit

No comments: