My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20100513

doing siku-sikunya my way.........

  1. Came back from Kg Tangkarason, and for the first time in the longest time I felt completely spent after a day's work. The other time was during the H1N1 outbreak, which I thought kinda exciting!
  2. Celebrated Secretary's Day last night at the clinic. Turn out was good, and almost everybody was sporting enough to spoil a song or two. Personally, I killed 4, I think. Other than My Way, of course, which I think was superb, heheh.
  3. Woke up early this morning, thinking of departing early after a morning roll-call at the office. Unfortunately the plan clashed with a visit from KKM staffs to supervise our Filariasis Elimination Programme, and the briefing wasn't really brief, so our morning roll-call was cancelled and the departure time was set back to about 10am.
  4. The drive to Tangkarason takes about 4 hours, and I am not quite a fan of long hours being stuck in the vehicle. If I would have my way, I would have popped a Tripo and snooze the whole journey but I had to give a talk and run a dialogue with the panicking villagers, so no Tripo for me, damn.
  5. Spent an hour and half demystifying Chikungunya to the people, answering FAQs and some teaching on Dengue and Leptospirosis. Now I've got it all covered I guess they cannot say they didn't see it coming! Anyway, we're still waiting for the blood-test result from the central lab in KK. Hopefully it's not Chikungunya or else we're looking at heaps of paperworks to fill up!
  6. The funniest part is getting them to pronounce Chikungunya correctly. After all that effort, I still get "sakit siku-sikunya" at the end. "Sakit apa?" "Sakit siku-sikunya" while pointing to the elbows. Sigh. Oh well, guess that's the things that makes my work interesting.

No comments: