My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20100511

coffee, airplanes and mosquito bites......

  1. Stranded in KKIA for 4 hours before my flight to Sandakan. Had Mega McSausage for breakfast at McDonald's, where it's served with a hash brown and refillable coffee. Half way through the first cup, I decided not to torture myself with that and adjourned to Starbucks at the departure hall instead.
  2. Carelessly left my boarding pass in the toilet and had my name announced over the PA twice. I wonder if Jude from Engineering heard it and would tease me about it again. This would be the third time my name got announced in the airport, first KLIA because I miscalculated the 28 minutes KLIA Expres timing, second when I missed the morning flight to Sandakan (not my fault, the guy at ticketing screwed up my ticket). Luckily I was not surcharged for it.
  3. Going to KL this Thursday to have a check at my offer letter into the University. I know I was told it would be ready by mid-month, but I'm anxious about it, as some clinical candidate already got the calling letter.
  4. Anne's going to be due anytime soon, so I thought it'd be nice to be around when she delivers. Got a gadgety infrared thermometer that comes with 6 functions for the baby. I think Martin would be more excited about the thermometer than the baby would be. I know I am! Cool stuff there, tell you!
  5. Just as I'm leaving Beluran for good, there are rumours of Chikungunya in Tangkarason area. Last week when I first heard of it, here were 17 people who came to the clinic with similar symptoms, and this week, the cumulative number went up to 70! So I utilised the knowledge acquired from attending 3 ouitbreak management courses, put up and activated the rat, to go and see what's actually happening there.
  6. By the way, rat means Rapid Assessment Team. Another Rapid Action Team was also sent in to do fogging last evening.
  7. I'm getting that huge Banana Chocolate cake for our Secretaries Day celebration at Beluran KKIA.
  8. I'm still procrastinating to finish up the working paper for KASIH fund-raising... hopefully I can finish it at the office by tonight.

No comments: