My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090214

25 random facts about myself.......

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

---

I was tagged by Celestine. I don't know if I can come up with 25 well kept secrets about me... but wait, they don't have to be secrets, right? Random facts, that should be easy. So here I go..!

Random fact #1
I have been a coffee junkie since young - so the myth about coffee stunts your growth, it's not true, I'm still considered tall by Malaysian/Sabahan standard - and one of my earlier memories probably was back when I was 3 or 4, pouring myself sweet kopi-o at my great-grandpa's house in Menumbok...

Random fact #2
I have not always been fat - my kid pictures shows a goodie side-parting-haired skinny boy - I only got inflated mid-primary school

Random fact #3
When I was younger, I used to play a game with my brother - we would take turn try to make each other laugh with jokes or funny faces while the other try to drink a mouthful of water - the first to spill his drink loses...

Random fact #4
I was quite good at art - and my personal favourite genre - collages...

Random fact #5
Before I got my license to drive, I used to take the car and drove myself to the barber for a haircut. I managed to piss some drivers off by driving at 20 km/h...

Random fact #6
The day I passed my driving test was also the day when I first leave the house to study in KL (took the test at noon, then leave for KL in evening) I never drove again till 1/2 year later...

Random fact #7
I got into Pre-U at Tsung Tsin just because Vic was - and people probably wouldn't believe how kiasu competitive we were while in school...

Random fact #8
I flunked 2nd year Med School and at that was the first time I ate dirt and tasted real failure - I was so depressed I had the delusion of people talking bad about me all the time, and I even considered signing myself up at the psychiatric clinic

Random fact #9
I have an obsession about everything Superman - die-cast, toys, pillows, blanket (no kidding) I think I stop here before I humiliate myself...

Random fact #10
Last time when I was still studying, even when I am down to my last RM10, I would spend it over Coffee Bean - it was like, when it comes to gourmet coffee, my judgement becomes haywire. Am I any different now... not so sure...

Random fact #11
I have a scar on my left hand, given by my pet mouse when I was still in Primary School. The next day it wasn't my pet anymore, gave it to my then best friend - Kennedy... wonder where is he now...

Random fact #12
I've never travelled outside Asia... Is it time for me to see the world yet? Perhaps.

Random fact #13
Recently I've picked up the habit of distressing over a karaoke session -- was once an anti-karaoke -- must be the ageing process...

Random fact #14
Once I was too tight to get a friend a gift for his birthday, I sneaked him into the labour room, all scrubbed, masked and let him watch the miracle of birth -- lecture me about ethics, but he said that was the best gift ever!

Random fact #15
Once, I was so drunk I sweet-talked my friend's mother - haha - nothing 18SX - I told her I want a wife that is like her - and she gave me a peck on the cheek (blush)...

Random fact #16
When I was still in Med-school, I'd skip the canteen coffee for my own brewed fresh.. there's a sign on my door that says B.Y.O.M. (bring your own mug) and I have friends knocking on the door when they smell it from their end of the corridor...

Random fact #17
I've never really cared about facial care - what soap not to use, what moisturiser to apply - till someone blank-mindedly guessed my age as 40 something... after which I know exactly the arrangements of L'Oreal Menexpert and Nivea Men products in Guardian...

Random fact #18
I was given the honour to name a few kids that were born during my posting at Tungku - Josephine Emily, Safwan Iskandar, Alexander and Adam Zachery. I am so grateful to have been given such honour...

Random fact #19
Few days before Christmas in 2000, I was given the choice to either postpone my scheduled surgery, or have it as planned - the choice was obvious, and that Christmas a group of us went to the Children's Ward to distribute gift while they were sleeping - imagine the joy then they wake up to a gift nest to their pillow on Christmas day...

Random fact #20
The reason I was warded was because I had kidney stone and it was lodged just after my kidney, causing it to swell - few days before Christmas the pain subsided and it seemed the surgery could wait a while more, but some of the kids in Cancer Ward may not - so Santa had to do what Santa had to do.. ho ho ho...

Random fact #21
The reason then, I think, for me to get kidney stone was because I did not drink water. Not just not enough water, it was no water - period. I could go through a day with 2 bottles of Coke, but no H2O. Not kidding. Glad to still have 2 kidneys today...

Random fact #22
I used to cycle together with another college mate, all the way from Ipoh down to PJ in 4 days. The whole trip is 273km using the trunk-road. You'd think that the legs will suffer from cycling so much, but in fact the legs were fine - the ass wasn't...

Random fact #23
When I order KFC, I usually go for a keel, and ribs... and sometimes when I'm naughty, the thigh.. but never never wings...

Random fact #24
When Josh was much younger, Mirina and I offered to babysit him while his Mom and Dad can have a quieter Valentine's Day out... and I remember one time at Amcorp Mall when after reading a few picture books to him, he hugged me on my leg and say "I love you Un-ce Ro-rry"... yea, everybody, together now 'aaaaaaaawwww'.......

Random fact #25
I used to have a dog called Grover while I was in Lahad Datu... and another one called Oliver when I was doing Klang posting during med-school...

Phew... that was tiring to find 25 things about me...

No comments: