My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090612

arteo in bali: day 5 - doing the touristy things...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The streamyx connection has been extremely trying these few weeks, and I am desperate to finish up my vacation post before I forget it all...

Perhaps it is a little bit unconventional, but when it comes to vacation, I hate to do the touristy stuffs and visit the tourist spots and all... Well, Borobudur was a different story, I went there to take photographs...

Anyway, since Denpasar did not happen because I was too relaxed to catch a bus or something, I figured if I were to continue to go planless, I might waste the whole vacation doing nothing. So I took up the offer from the gang, to come along to sight-see Uluwatu, South of Bali.

Kuta Poppies Lane II on a Sunday morning.

The first stop was to Blue Point, where there serious in-the-business surfer-dudes come to surf in this surfer's haven. I apologize for my lack of adjectives to describe the sceneries, just take a look...

Sabiqa was quite a poser! Heh..

The only reaction I can express when I took in the whole view, was "whoaa..."

Yes, exactly just that, "whoaa..."

After soaking enough of the sun and the sea-breeze, we adjourned to Pura Uluwatu, another tourist hot-spot to watch the sunset. This temple is one of the many places where tourist can interact with the mischievous monkeys infesting the location.

By saying mischievous, I really mean it. There is a sign board outside the temple advising visitors to take off spectacles, hair clips, hats, anything that the monkey can grab on to. Not that the monkeys are dumb in thinking that spectacles are edible, but there seemed to be some conspiracy going on here. The monkeys will first snatch a personal belonging and take it up the roof, or the cliff, then some local kids will be chasing the monkey, offering it some peanuts or something in exchange for what the monkey has snatched. Then when the kids return your stuffs, you're expected to tip them, a few thousands for food or drinks. It's a symbiotic relationship at its best, and you're the loser here, haha.

Malte getting up close and personal with the primates.

"Son, one day, all this will be yours......."

"Okie-dokie, pop, can I take it minus the monkeys?"

The cliffs along which Pura Uluwatu is built.

The magnificent sunset from Uluwatu.

That night we all came back tired, but Malte and I went out hunting for something that is a must-have when one comes to Bali - Babi Guling - or roasted pig. We went all the way along Legian and even reaching the Kuta market, but we went back disappointed. However, Malte made friends with two other German travelers (Florien and another) who were asking for direction. So we directed them to Poppies, and had dinner at the usual nasi goreng place.

Being too spent from the day's trip I didn't take much photos, and the only worth posting up was this obscene wood carving among some bushy decos. Macam toyol, bikin takut juga kan? We called it a day after some Bintangs at the convi store, rested early and I was packed for Ubud the next day.

No comments: