My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090108

the worst time to get sick........

People have this crazy idea that doctors do not get sick... well, if that is true, how come I am having this temperature running, tight feeling on my chest, joint pain all over my fingers and knees and my throat feels as if I swallowed a bag of sand and I have these 2 cute red-eyes ala rabbit twinkling with streams of tears... because I'm sick, that's why...

And some smarty pants would suggest that Public Health isn't really medicine... darn I hate those comments... anyway, a sick doctor is a sick doctor, worry about the sickening ones and get on with life.

Work, as I noted in Facebook, has been overwhelming this week... paying off the sins of long leave, I guess. When I came to the office on Monday, I could hardly see the desk, and not two hours after I sat down sorting out the letters and other documents, a call came from the Headquarters asking that I should go back the next day to attend a meeting chaired by the state Director, meaning I have to be there.

In Beluran there is a pretty unique clinic for Maternal and Child Health, which was built somewhere around colonial time (or so it seems like it) and the unique part about this clinic is that, structurally, a part of it is built on the river bank, and another part is on stilts above the water. Now the water part of the clinic is sinking and cracks are forming on the walls, and the floor has now got split levels. I want to evacuate the staffs as soon as possible but we're still waiting for our old office building to be renovated. So now we're at the process of tendering the project to contractors to finish up the renovation, and this is the reason for my stress, the dateline to close the deal is next week, and we are still begging for help in drawing the plans, and putting up the scope of work / bill of quantity.

Now that I might have a meeting on this Saturday with the prospectors /contractors for this project, I might not be able to go back home and this might be the first Weekend I'm going to spend in Beluran. Actually I did spend a weekend in Nangoh once, but that doesn't count because it wasn't exactly spending the weekend here. Maybe I should go to Lahad Datu and visit my old friends in my previous clinic.. or just go to Sandakan, do a bit of shopping and come back on Sunday. I'll see... being sick like this makes me all manja and want to go home and see mommy.... haha.

Sigh... I hate being sick.

1 comment:

GC said...

get well soon.