My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090103

dreamy song in dusun...... explained!

Ha, few months back, in March to be exact, I posted a song lyrics by Jestie Alexius called Auku Insan Do Gumaab, and not knowing what it means, I posted for help to translate the song.

Just as a wonderful surprise, someone called Rem replied to that call last night, and gave the whole translation... THANKS REM!!!

This is what he wrote to me...

Rem has left a new comment on your post "dreamy song in dusun...?": 20080328
Dear Stranger :),

I had been trying to look for this lyric the last few weeks all over the net. And, of all the places -- I found it here!

Thank you so much.

And to return my gratitude -- this is my not-so-credible attempt to help you with the transilation. I'm a Dusun Bundu (Ranau), and this lyric is penned in Liwan's dialect (Tambunan). So to be honest, I don't fully understand... everything there.

I know this is an old entry. But just in case you're still in that 'dreamy mood', here the story (of the song) goes:

Selamat berjiwang! :)


Au ku insan do gumaab
Aku tak pernah (menyangka)
osulu diti pitongkiadan kito
(akan terjadi) perpisahan kita
tu mantad di pogulu
sejak dulu lagi
gumahab oku dika oi koupusan
aku (meyakini) padamu kekasih

alansan ku nogi
(apa yang kurasakan)
piginawan tumilombus id kounsikahan
percintaan ini merentas kesetiaan
nga norubat kosindualan
tapi sayang, ada perselisihan
it au milo toh insoduan
yang tidak dapat dielakkan.

nunu guno dato mononsol ba'eno
tiada guna kita menyesali kini
baino natagak nodi
sekarang segalanya telah lenyap

nung otuyud ko om au moninduol ku
jika kau (lebih tulus) dan aku tak (cemburu)
om ingga pio kosindualan
maka tidak berlaku perselisihan
tu hiti kito po da miginawo
dan kita mungkin masih saling menyintai.

sundung tu kakal oku
namun aku tetap
oupus dika oi koupusan ku
sayang padamu wahai kekasih
nunu podi poboroson ku
apa lagi yang mampu kukatakan
tu ontok dino mitongkiad kito
pada detik perpisahan kita

nawaig mantad mato ku
air dari mataku
kakal lumuyung kosorou dika
terus mengalir mengingatimu
oruol iti ginawo ku
betapa sakit hatiku ini

2 comments:

JerryInc said...

you know wat, thanks for the translation...i didn't really understand the lyrics completely until i read the translation. i'm looking at it at a whole different angle now...thanks :)

ps: quite touching if i may say so...

Rem said...

That's so sweet, Mr. I feel so honoured to appear in this classic-and-elegant blog. And seriously, I'm not being sarcastic here. This blog is really --- that nice. :)

Kotoluadan!