My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090105

a few words on vic and nisha.......

I was given the opportunity to say a few words during Vic and Nisha's Wedding Reception on the 28th of last month at Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort. Saying a few words has never been much of a problem (been giving public health education for a living) except that this was a black-tie event. Yea, the pressure did compress on some nerves (not to mention the airways too).

But apart from all that, it was my greatest pleasure and honour to just do it for Vic. We went back all the way to early high school days, and heck, I've known this guy literally half of my life. We've been very competitive in many ways, and I have to admit that he has driven me to achieve much of who I am today - because I was kiasu, heh.

_____________________________________

Vic and Nisha,
I'm just posting the text here because I know I did stutter and slur a bit here and there on that day. I am very happy for the both of you, and hope that one day I'd also be lucky enough to find my soul mate, my better half and learn the maturity in commitment. I've got so much to learn from you guys!
Love, arteo
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,

I am especially glad to have to be here at this occasion, to celebrate this wonderful marriage of Vic and Nisha. I've known Vic since the early 90s during high school days, and that's about 16 or 17 years ago. Throughout all these years he has proven himself to be not only a great friend and brother, I can affirm to him being someone caring, that he is a good cook, he is polite, good hearted and all that bla bla bla as mentioned in the previous speeches.

But one thing that the other speakers fail to mention today, is that he can be quite 'distasteful' with his humour at times. so distasteful he is, that I heard Nisha had to think twice before talking to him again after their first encounter. You see, for his first impression, he told a joke to Nisha, and by thinking twice, she actually took 2 years before she spoke to him again.

Without much doubt, Vic's greatest achievement is in marrying Nisha - who looks absolutely stunning. Vic, you've found someone so beautiful, charming, intelligent... and Nisha, you've found... Vic. Well, whoever said marriages had to start off balanced anyway, right?

Vic and Nisha, on behalf of all your friends here, and those who could not make it today - Kee Thai, Adam, Frances, Doc Swee - we'd like to wish you both, a long happy life together, filled with love, health, and above all, laughter.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude...you have no idea how much I appreciated you being there. Your speech was wonderful...I was so so so glad to have you there on tht night. Hope all is well bro. Shall be waiting for the day when its your turn...

Unknown said...

Dude...you have no idea how much I appreciated you being there. Your speech was wonderful...I was so so so glad to have you there on tht night. Hope all is well bro. Shall be waiting for the day when its your turn...

Unknown said...

Dude...you have no idea how much I appreciated you being there. Your speech was wonderful...I was so so so glad to have you there on tht night. Hope all is well bro. Shall be waiting for the day when its your turn...