My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090130

7 cups of caffeine and an awkward moment.......

I was just doing my coffee tasting with some friends at Starbucks earlier, the crowd wasn't fantastic so we had time to chat a little over dozens cups of samples (we were doing Starbucks Espresso versus Illy Dark Roast Espresso). When I was about to go off, a boy suddenly came up to me mumbling something while pointing to a lady sitting on the sofa at the other end of the room. Actually he said his sister "wanted to get to know me" in Mandarin.

Whoa... who, me?

Haha, it was super awkward, I had to go and shook her hands, got her name (Yuyu - pronounced with an accent) and after a few nanoseconds of crickets soundtract, I got myself excused. Can't put up a decent conversation in Mandarin, anyway.

Not bad for this old fart, still got it going, hehehehehe

Now after having gone through that, and something like 6 cups of coffee (and a free Grande Chai Latte) I hope I still can sleep tonight....

No comments: