My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080812

random pics: totally random......

Okay, I've come to the meniscus of my blogstipation and I felt like I should just declare this blog hopelessly inactive, for want of a better entry, I don't know who am I writing for anyway, and I do question myself at times, is it important for me that I post something up here, and what am I trying to prove anyway? Anyway, people that has (probably unfortunately) come across my path these few days (or weeks) probably would have been stung by my flying sarcasm or be (lightly) disturbed by my unjoyous attitude towards life and all that it brings, well, maybe I should apologize here for my backside kind of attitude.

But then again, some of them probably deserved it, heh.

So I picked up my camera today, went around my room and my study-area, and started taking pictures of stuffs that I could connect with for the past few weeks or so. Maybe they will tell a story better than I would have put it myself.

I started collecting miniature aircraft models, mostly of the commercial passenger carriers type, when I had this fascination on aviation and how a long heavy hollow tube of aluminium can be lifted off the ground by the help of a pair of flaps and a couple of jet engines. Aerodynamics, of course, but still I am fascinated. So here, I have collected more than a dozen of aircraft models, and at the background you can see the rest of the fleet, bokeh style.

I think I have a general fascination for things that fly. Other than aircraft models, I also collect Superman figurines and paraphernalias, and I have dozens of Superman toys, big and small, not so big, and not so small... serious. I'd show you if you want to see it...

I'm using Burberry Brit by Burberry ever since I could afford proper fragrances. The only other fragrance I'd use is Romance by Ralph Lauren. I've not changed my selection of perfumes much.

Blogstipation. I've been sitting here on this study table throughout my hight school period, and now it is still serving its purpose as my internet station. Currently I am not blogging well, and I'm just sitting doen here staring at the keyboard, and I noticed "Pause / Break"...

I've also not been taking much pictures with my dSLR, which explains why my CF cards are here on the table, instead of in the camera where it belongs... Next week there's a boat outing planned in Beluran, and I see an opportunity to go out and get good pictures.

Ermm.. dudes, can I get my 50mm 1:1.8 back? :-)

Outside my room there's a cross hung above the door, and on closer inspection, I noticed that cobwebbs have started to appear around it... a graphic representation of my spirituality I suppose...

ENT doctors usually say, never put anything smaller than your elbow into your ears... but hey, would I give up one of life's greatest pleasures over a medical opinion? I clean my ears everytime after shower, sometimes up to few times a day - it's almost compulsive, and Ben does it too. We have otitis externa at a rate of about 10 times a year but we don't care!

Another of life's greatest pleasures, good coffee... I fell in love with illy coffee when I was out in HK with Dr Yusof, and a few other officers on a government sponsored trip.

Got this World Youth Day jacket in orange and blue (seemingly Malaysian contingents all over wear this colour outside the country) cool. Didn't go to the event myself, but sometimes I wish I did.

Some years ago, you wouldn't find me dead reading these types of self-help books, but somehow as I age, I mellowed down on my opinionated-ness and actually read the whole trilogy of Richard Templer's Rules.

This is actually my second set of stones rosary. the first set was lost and I've used that excuse for the longest time for not saying the rosary. I eventually got it replaced, and almost exactly the same one as the first one, except for the earlier had a wooden Benedictine cross and this one, metal.

Like I said, I am in my deep moody philosophical mode, but funny that I am actually reading on philosophies in humour and jokes. Quite a good read, the book disusses the philosophy behind some jokes, and another tries to explain existing philosophies with the help of bar jokes and such. Got them recently from Kinokuniya during my last trip to KL.

Been subscribing to Men's Health forever and they're filling up shelves in my room. The only thing that's gotten lighter through the process is my wallet, and I am still fat to date.

Looking forward to the trip to manila next month with Junior and Mesh. I made a point to buy tour-guide books on the particular place that I am visiting.

I like seaweeds. No, I love seaweeds. No carbohydrates, packed with protein and very little fat. The only downside is the salt that makes me thirsty everytime I eat it. and there are so many ways to enjoy seaweeds, as suggested at the back of the package.

One thing that cannot be eaten, the lime flour that gives the packaging about 80 percent of its weight.
After seeing the show that China put up during the Opening Ceremony of Olympics Beijing 2008, suddenly the caption "made in China" doesn't sound so substandard anymore. I was totally awed, and impressed by the choreography of the dancers and the whole multimedia orchestrations. Impressed! Impressed! Impressed!

2 comments:

JerryInc said...

awww...having the blues eh doc? here's RM 1, go get yourself a lollipop or better yet...the small foldable metal pen knife wakakakaka...kidding dude :)

s.teo said...

nice entry..shiok..