My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080820

random juke: kekasih gelapku........

I have a friend who claims that he falls in love, at the frequency of about once every 1 - 2 weeks or so. Every time he lands his eyes on someone that fits his wish list as attractive, or chatted with someone who at the least stimulated his mental excitement, he would call it love. For the next few days he would try to build connection, to win the person over, and still invariably (oh yea, his stories are becoming as predictable as the Saturday afternoon Hindi movie) he would come back trashed, beaten and squashed by his own expectation of the whole encounter. Rejections after rejections, he would still pick himself up, and the whole process will repeat again.

Sometimes when I see him in his post-rejection state, it reminds me of a story in a Chinese movie, about a guy or a lady (I can't really remember) who became a ghost after committing suicide, took his own life and so he's doomed to repeat the whole scene of his death night after night at exactly the same time. Haha... But this friend of mine, he'll be okay, like I said, his story is very predictable. Before the next moon phase, he would have fallen in love with another victim, and the whole thing would repeat itself again... only in the long run I don't know who is the real victim here.

Now the reason I put his pathetic life story here (sorry) is because I was reflecting on one question that he asked me once during his down point on the roller coaster ride. He questioned, if it is pathological to fall in love so easily?

I can't remember my response to him at that time, but I did a little reflection on myself as well. Yea, I want to say that I have known Love, but at this stage, I feels like a sweeping statement. I may have known a lot of infatuations, but I think more than a couple of them could have been actual Love. And of these, more often than not, we don't get what we wished and hoped for. Even today, I still think about the few failed connections that I'd want to brush off as "just" infatuations. Well, even if they turned out to be more than that, maybe I am practicing on love until the day the real one comes about. Fingers crossed.

Whatever it is, I am dedicating this song to the ones that I've ever loved (because infatuation is just a cowardly carpet for us to brush this great feeling under)... and though things may not have worked out between us, the heart will not forget the Love that it went through.
Kekasih Gelapku
Ungu - Buatmu Selamanya

Ku mencintaimu, lebih dari apapun
Meskipun tiada satu orang pun yang tahu
Ku mencintaimu, sedalam-dalam hatiku
Meskipun engkau hanya kekasih gelapku...

Ku tahu ku takkan selalu ada untukmu
Disaat engkau merindukan diriku
Ku tahu ku takkan bisa memberikanmu waktu
Yang panjang dalam hidupku

Yakinlah bahwa engkau adalah cintaku
Yang ku cari selama ini dalam hidupku
Dan hanya padamu ku berikan sisa cintaku
Yang panjang dalam hidupku...

Ku mencintaimu, lebih dari apapun
Meskipun tiada satu orang pun yang tahu
Ku mencintaimu, sedalam-dalam hatiku
Meskipun engkau hanya kekasih gelapku...

Ku mencintaimu, lebih dari apapun
Meskipun tiada satu orang pun yang tahu
Ku mencintaimu, sedalam-dalam hatiku
Meskipun engkau hanya kekasih gelapku...

Ooh...

Ku mencintaimu, lebih dari apapun
Meskipun tiada satu orang pun yang tahu
Ku mencintaimu, sedalam-dalam hatiku
Meskipun engkau hanya kekasih gelapku...
DOWNLOAD KEKASIH GELAPKU HERE NOW
mp3 / 96kbps / 3.28Mb / 4:47

Kekasih Gelapku Video clip from YouTube...

No comments: