My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080829

the day i went for a boating trip.......

Few weeks back I had a chance to go on a boating trip to do supervision on 2 clinics that are out of reach by land transportation. here are some of the pictures taken, very badly done because the most stupidest thing happened: I brought my usual camera along but forgot that the SD card was still stuck in my laptop... so I had to resort to using the camera phone... Anyway, not too bad la for 2MP camera... like I often say, it's not the camera but the man behind it, haha...

The view as we come out of the river, Sungai Labuk, which flows into the open sea, Laut Sulu.

300 HP engines and a drum of oil for the journey

This is one impressive device on the boat - GPS trekker - show exactly where we are on a map

Going into smaller rivers to reach the clinic... heard that this river has crocodiles in it...

Houses being built on the river bank - will serve as personal jetty too

Toilet on the river bank - convenience

The grand docking... at the community jetty.

The village school

Brings new meaning to "till the cows come home", because they do! And they're everywhere! You'd think twice about playing football in the field after that cows' day out...

Now, I know village life can be, you know... but this is rubbing salt!

On the way to the second clinic

Better houses here

Now, would you still want to have salted fish? The reason I stopped eating that stuff years ago...

The well where village people come for water during drought season... hmmm... tea anyone? Or Milo rather...

Half eaten mango left by a monkey...

Waiting for next election I suppose... notice that the due date is left blank...


All photos taken with Sony Ericsson W610i
B/W conversion with Adobe Photoshop 7.0

1 comment:

fadz said...

kg. pantai boring? dats cute, hahah! nice blog bro! all in black and white yah.. kalau saya turun kk ni, bolehlah lepak2 kot.. haha