My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080101

the one about just another New Year...

Another year has come and gone, and generally we do make a big fuss over it. Relatively, time and space is a continuum, and there isn't any real break in between, hence, there's not much point to make such a big deal out of it. To the general population, any reason to drink one's self silly and party is a good reason to celebrate. Anyway, to avoid starting the year in such a pessimistic tone...

Happy New Year 2008!...

New year is a time to re-do the halfway done resolutions from last year, and going down the list I've put up for 2007, I've only managed to complete 33.33% of what I wanted to do. I have two plants on my office table, I attended a Jazz concert, took a walk in the rain in HK, watched sunrise with friends (with Carlsberg as early breakfast) and did more than 50 blog entries, even if I take away song lyrics and poems.

What I really wanted to do and not have a chance to achieve was to get a tattoo. Reaching BMI 28 is realistically unrealistic. But hey, at least I've joined the gym!

To start off I've decided that the new year resolutions shouldn't be as shallow as what I've put up last year, but rather more philosophically. Like first and foremost, improve.

During the season of brooding over my life's legacy (usually November) I've come to realise that most of what I have done in the past were not built on rocks but rather sand. It's rather ego-crashing to admit that many of the things I've started did not sustain. There was the CG in Lahad Datu, the Youth Ministry of StGabriel Chapel that also went down after I let go, the Peanut Butter Project got abandoned after I left, and of course a broken engagement to put into account.

I can't say that 2007 has been the greatest but it sure did pack in most of Life's Lessons. There are many things that I wish that I could have done better, but Life is a Pilgrimage, with every moment a Homage to the Creator, those that look back with regret do not deserve the rest of the Journey ahead.

No comments: