My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20120405

happiness is a decision... or project....


  1. April begins my fringing-on-obsession interest on the topic of happiness. A few occasions in March actually directed my attention to this topic, and none of them actually are significant enough to start a soul-searching journey on their own, but cumulatively they do have an impact, and although I must stress that in my search of happiness now, does not mean that I am necessarily unhappy or depressed. But life could be better and I just want to ponder on it.
  2. I started a nation-wide search (yeah, nation-wide) for a book called The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt, published in 2006 and currently NONE of the major bookstore in this country has it. Apparently BooksXcess had it once upon a time, but I missed the boat so I have to settle for paying the full price for it. There were some options for getting it online, but the waiting time for shipping and stuff puts me off. In the end, I decided to order from MPH for the shortest waiting time compared to other bookstores.
  3. Meanwhile, I've been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, which also offers a lot of insights in a more practical manner, on how she strives to add on to her happiness by some changes and reliving certain determinations in her life as a wife, mother, career woman and as a person generally. I relate to her when she said that in starting her Happiness Project, she wasn't depressed or even unhappy, but she could be happier.
  4. I am determined to have my own journey for Happiness Project and while at it, learn a little bit more about happiness and hopefully be a happier person in the process.  A lot of thoughts were put into this November-Blues that came late (better late than never, some say) but writing them all down now would go against my resolution to sleep early, rise early. And I want to finish off a chapter before I zzz later.


No comments: