My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090409

would you like arteo's peccadilloes.......?

This is what happens when I'm desperate for a blog entry - I steal from other people's blog... And my latest steal actually made me sit down and stop doing everything else I was doing before (other than the fact that waiting for youTube to load via Celcom HSDPA Broadband takes almost an eternity)...

This clip is capable of squeezing out some tears, so be warned.



Okay, the mushy sentimentalism and impression on family value aside, the script for this production (by the Singaporean Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports) sounds suspiciously familiar - I should know, I watched the movie like a kazimazibazillion times.

Read on, the script of Good Will Hunting (Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Robin Williams) 1997.

........
SEAN
Yeah? You got a lady now?
WILL

Yeah, I went on a date last week.

SEAN

How’d it go?

WILL

Fine.

SEAN

Well, are you going out again?

WILL

I don’t know.

SEAN

Why not?

WILL

Haven’t called her.

SEAN

Jesus Christ, you are an amateur.

WILL
I know what I’m doing. She’s different
from the other girls I met. We have a
really good time. She’s smart,

beautiful, funny. she’s different from
most of the girls I’ve been with.

SEAN
So Christ, call her up, Romeo.

WILL
Why? So I can realize she’s not so
smart. That she’s f..ckin boring? You don’t
get it. This girl is like f..ckin perfect
right now, I don’t want to ruin that.

SEAN
Maybe you’re perfect right now. Maybe you
don’t want to ruin that.Well, I think that’s
a super philosophy Will, that way you can go
through your entire life without ever having to
really know anybody.

Sean looks directly at Will, who looks away. A beat.

SEAN (cont’d)
My wife used to fart when she’s nervous. She
had all sorts of idiosyncrasies. You know what?
She used to fart in her sleep. Sorry I shared
that with you, one night it was so loud it woke
the dog up. She woke up and gone like,
"Is that you?" I’d say, "Yeah" I don’t have
the heart to tell her, O, God. (laughs)

SEAN (cont’d)
My wife’s been dead two years, Will.
And when I think about 0ther, those are
the things I think about most. Little
idiosyncrasies that only I knew about.
Those made her my wife. And she had
the goods on me too. She know all my
little peccadilloes. People call these
things imperfections Will, aww, but
they’re not, that’s the good stuff. It’s
just who we are. And we get to choose who
we’re going to let into out weird
little worlds.

You’re not perfect, sport.
And let me save you the suspense, this
girl you met isn’t either. The question
is, whether or not you’re perfect for
each other. That’s the whole deal. That’s
what intimacy is all about.
You can know everything in the world,
but the only way you’re findin’ that one
out is by giving it a shot.

You certainly won’t get the answer
from an old f..ker like me. And even
if I did know, I wouldn’t tell a piss ant
like you.

WILL
Why not? You told me every other
f..kin’ thing. You f..ckin talk more than any
shrink I ever seen in my life!

Sean laughs.

SEAN
I teach this shit, I didn’t say I knew how to
do it.

......

Did you catch it?

No comments: