My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090418

on vacation mode...... already?

Finally here in KL, at the usual first stop after getting off the plane and into the city - KL Central Starbucks. I'm here every time without fail, it is almost like paying homage to the Lady Siren every time I come over.

The official duty actually is in Johor Bahru, where I'll be attending a course on Outbreak Management (yes, again) for MOHs, and if all goes well, maybe some time to sneak into Singapore and visit the Merlion. The weekend is to attend a birthday party of a friend.

Something that I notice happening every time I plan to go on vacation - especially long ones - that things aropund me will go wrong. It's like Murphy's Law on hyperdrive! Thinking back, yeah, each and every one of my trips away after started working, something somewhere would just get screwed -- the Hong Kong trip, the Jakarta trip, the Philippines trip... sigh... It is almost like, if I take leave, my cosmic balance will be tipped off, being on leave would start off a karmic consequences for this workaholic...

Okay lah, I admit there's a bit of drama there...

A run down of what-could-go-wrong-would-go-wrong, and I do hope it stops here... please...
  1. My driver in Telupid got involved in a car accident and has a fractured femur
  2. One of my staffs contracted Tuberculosis and has to go on compulsory leave for 2 months
  3. Lost my Identification Card and had to have a new one done just before the day I travel
  4. Being rushed to board the flight and had to leave my half-full glass of Starbucks Dark Berry Mocha Frappucino to the bin... and worst of all...
  5. Forgot to bring my camera for this trip!!! Shit!
I'm telling you, something somewhat somewhere wants me to slave to work and never take leave... time to pluck some flowers and mandi bunga...

No comments: