My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20090413

an update........

Suddenly I felt bad, disappointed at myself. Actually some months back, when I lustily spotted this netbook - my hpMini - I couldn't resist wanting to have it, and I would justify until the sky meets the earth just so I could rest my conscience and get it. At last, I told myself that by having a smaller, more portable (comparing to a hp Pavilion) computer I could do my work anywhere, and at least able to blog from anywhere too.

Today, most work is still done on my Pavilion and my blog is getting listed for ancient heritage. Dang.

Okay, to rectify the whole failure, let me fill you people - my dearest blaudiences - with what has been happening for the past week or so.

Last week, as usual, I had a relatively short workweek at Beluran, ending up with me having to have a few meetings in a string so that I am able to cover them all. Last Tuesday was especially hectic because my big Boss - the State Director of Health Department decided to pay Beluran Hospital a visit - a decision he has made a week in advance but somehow the hospital side overseen the importance of telling us of the news. It was only on Monday evening that I was told about it, and there was no way I could reschedule the 2 staffs meetings I planned for that day.

So in trying to squeeze everything into one day, I ended up having 3 official functions on, and luckily the Boss decided not to come to my office for a spot inspection - the first thing on my mind was - shoot, how am I going to hide my very personal drip coffee machine in my office table which was strategically parked just next to the fax and copy machine?

Then on Thursday, 4 vehicles from Beluran Head Office convoyed to Lahad Datu, to visit Klinik Kesihatan Tungku to see and learn their implementation of Father Friendly Workshop, a programme that had a humble beginning when I was still a clinical officer for that clinic.

True to the tradition of KK Tungku even since the time I was there, we were happily welcomed with food, food and more food. To any visitors, KK Tungku hospitality is almost synonymous with constant feeding.

On Saturday I went to fix my vacation date to Bali - and although it took me quite some time to decide on how long I want to be away - weighing the factor that I feel a little hesitation to leave the district and go enjoy myself - I finally put my feet down and decide on 10 days. That should give m ample time to go around the island. Furthermore, if I were to get into a post graduate programme next year, this could very well be my last easy vacation.

The holy weekend was not a free weekend for me, DrN has asked me to join his team as a secretariat for an Introductory Course for new Medical and Health Officers. It was actually a nice weekend, catching up with DrP and his family, and just like any other government sponsored programmes run in a hotel, we had 2 hourly feeding throughout the whole weekend.

Later this week, there's going to be a meeting with the Boss in Tawau. Back to back to the meeting, a course on Outbreak Management (again!) in Johore and since I get to go KL for free, I decided to just connect my Bali trip at one go.

So if my calculation is right, I will be away from KK for about 3 weeks and the next time I come back here would be almost mid May.

Oh dear...

No comments: