My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20100216

31 lessons in life according to arteo.....

I've compiled 31 best lesson Life has taught me in the past 31 years, and yes, (some) of them are taken from inspirational webpages, but I still find them extremely relevant to my own experience...
Lesson 25: most important things in life aren't things
  1. I’m convinced that growing old beats the alternative -- dying young. Happy 31st Birthday to ME!!
  2. I’ve learned that a cup of designer coffee is worth half a month’s supply of breakfast instant coffee at home.
  3. I’ve learned that a lot of the things in life are held up by the decisions I make.
  4. I’ve learned that even when I have the right to be angry, I still don’t have the right to be cruel.
  5. I’ve learned that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
  6. I’ve learned that I can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.
  7. I’ve learned that I do not stop playing because I’m getting old, but I’ll grow old when I stop playing
  8. I’ve learned that I must not be angry when I cannot make others as I wish them to be, since I cannot make myself as I wish to be.
  9. I’ve learned that I must not correct a mistake with another mistake.
  10. I’ve learned that I shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change my life forever.
  11. I’ve learned that if I'm headed in the wrong direction, God still allows U-turns!
  12. I’ve learned that if we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, I'd quickly grab mine back.
  13. I’ve learned that it hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but more painful it is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how I feel.
  14. I’ve learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes I have to learn to forgive myself.
  15. I’ve learned that it’s not where I am in life, it’s who I have by my side that matters
  16. I’ve learned that it's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to me, myself, and no one else.
  17. I’ve learned that just because someone doesn't love me the way I want them to, doesn't mean they don't love me with all they have.
  18. I’ve learned that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
  19. I’ve learned that life isn't about finding myself, it's about creating myself
  20. I’ve learned that life may simple, it’s just not easy. Same goes for love.
  21. I’ve learned that no matter how good a friend is, they are going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
  22. I’ve learned that once I feel like going to the gym, I have 15 minutes grace period of actually get myself ready, or else I wouldn’t go at all that day.
  23. I’ve learned that the best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice I give to others.
  24. I’ve learned that the diet that starts tomorrow is a myth.
  25. I’ve learned that the most important things in life aren't things.
  26. I’ve learned that the only people I need in my life are the ones, that prove they need me in theirs
  27. I’ve learned that there is a very, very, very, very, very, very thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder
  28. I’ve learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. I’ve heard that the same goes for true love.
  29. I’ve learned that while it is important to win, it's even more important to remain undefeated no matter what happens.
  30. I've learned that learning to forgive takes practice, and more practice, and more practice, and more practice...
  31. I’ve learned that I don’t know much yet..... or may never come to a point that I will know enough about anything in life

No comments: