My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20081027

why i love my job.......

Well, yea, I love what I am doing for a living, but the cream is actually the perks that accompany the job... like free trips away from the office, but still considered on official duty.

Few weeks back (yea, this article is waaay overdue) we organised a field trip to Kundasang, Ranau to "see and learn the management of" Adolescent Health Programme in Bundu Tuhan and of the other extreme - what do you call them, Golden Club? Senior Citizens? Geriatric Health Programme? I'm not too sure, but it's always referred to as Program Kesihatan Warga Emas, in Kundasang Ranau. We've planned this trip way in advance, more as an year incentive for all of us, but because we still have to learn something and write a report on it, we made it official work and get everything sponsored, ha!

One thing I hate about official duty though, is that I have to give a formal speech somewhere in the programme. I was told that the Senior's Club of Kundasang would be throwing us a welcoming reception, but never did I imagine that they'd put up a traditional orchestra, and get all their contemporaries (and I really suspect ALL) to come and welcome us... heck, I was thinking of a vacation and I came in only my Adidas jacket, jeans and sneakers!

The aforementioned traditional orchestra with instruments made of natural elements like pumpkin, bamboo, wood and everything else biodegradable! And the elderlies of Kundasang really have the thing for dancing, whenever the band plays a song, they would come out to the open and do Sumazau - I think they do Sumazau to almost every songs, though. The more daring ones would pull you by the arms and get you to jiggy along, I had to conviniently hide behind the wall to take this picture, or else I would have none to share here, a fair sacrifice for "missing" all the fun!

The highlight of the day came after all that dancing, we took a trip up to Mesilau, another protected part of the rainforest. As usual, I stopped my driver halfway, and jumped on the bucket.

Blue sky...

For the whole morning, the mountain was covered except for a short while when it decided to just take a peek at us...

Group photo - the faces that run Beluran Area Health Office and Health Programmes.

Marketplace in Ranau town.

The homestay where I stayed - like a bed and breakfast, hosted by the local residents of Kundasang. For a small price, you get a cosy place to crash and breakfast ready the next day upon request.

No comments: