My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20081031

a post for urangranau.......

I was in Ranau some time ago, on the way down to KK from Beluran... And I've managed to take some pictures to test drive my colleague's Sony DSC T-30, just for fun... and I dedicate this entry to Urangranau of this blog, just because I think she misses her hometown. Well, who doesn't? Enjoy!

The town of Ranau, I am standing at Bank Bumiputra Commerce.

One of the landmark of the town, Jalan Pekan and that taman where people wait for the bus.

The aforementioned taman, where people just hang around, waiting for the bus to fill up, or just hanging around for hanging around's sake...

While waiting, sometimes you'll be approached by nurses association like this (I think) that will offer you a standing blood pressure check up.

The Bus Terminal next to the taman. Get a ride here if you want to go to KK.

Ladies selling tobacco leaves to make kirai - self rolled cigarettes, or for chewing - still a practise among the elderlies of Ranau... I forgot what is it called, do remind me please, anybody...

(p/s Ah, I remember already... Suntil bah itu orang bilang, kan?)

This is in Kundasang, about 20km off Ranau town. A stall selling pure wild honey.

Get your fresh picked flowers or cactus in pots here.

I like this shot, so patriotic. You'll realise I took this somewhere around National day time...

Kundasang houses lining the steep hills...

No comments: