My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080702

walking and talking......

This time round, going back to KL was packed with catching up old old friends who's been out of touch, half of them because I could always find excuses to procrastinate dialing some numbers to keep the connection online... anyway, rekindling friendships has been very good.

The first person I'd like to apologise for not keeping in touch with for sooo long is my Godbrother, Albert Law. His dad became my Godpa during my baptism some almost 10 years ago and Al was my sponsor for RCIA.

Al was also the reason I listened to so much Chinese and Taiwan-pop music circa 1997-1999 when he invited me to come to his gigs in cafes around KL. Nowadays he mostly produces, and running his own business.

We had Japanese dinner at Pavillion, next to MidValley Magamall.

The next morning, I woke up early, hitched a ride from Tony on his way to work, to have breakfast with Adrian Ng at Sri Paandi, Section 9.

Looks like early sunrise in KK, but this is already 7am in KL. Back home it would have been hot and sunny this time.

Due to some miscommunication, I had to take a walk from SFX to Sri Paandi.

Jalan Universiti.

Traffic is still smooth on the Federal Highway at this time.

Thanks, Mr Policeman

University Malaya Medical Centre or UMMC.

Both Adrian and I love the breakfast at Sri Paandi. Like usual we'll have our roti, chicken curry (with generous helping of neck, feet and bones in the gravy), vade and apam manis. Yummy.

Johnny the Youth Minister training under the watchful guidance of Adrian, and also probably would be the reason for his imminent high blood pressure... calm down, Adrian, for your heart's sake, hehehe... Catching up with Johnny was short, he had so many things to do.

Then I did some catching up with Sheena, another very prominent figure in Lifeline. Sheena and I went all the way back to the days when I was still in medical school. Sheena claimed that she got the appreciation for Jazz and Coffee from me... really? I converted someone? That's cool.

Anyway, catching up with Sheena was very good although we had to cut our date short (due to some unexpected turn of events) but hey, all my friends are the class A superbusy type, but it's still very comforting to know that we could just pick up where we left it probably some 4 years ago (has it been 4 years?) and not feel awkward about the long disconnection.

all photos taken with RICOH Caplio GX8
by PicHarmonics Photography

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Yeah, it was hard to believe that it had been that long... Felt as though it was just last year that you, me & Eric were hanging out at the Mandarin Oriental.

Let's make sure we do that the next time we meet up, k? At least this time we'll be able to afford more than just one pot of tea :)