My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080711

beginning of a new era.......

Sometimes I still cannot believe it, that I am now already in Beluran (waking up in the morning to a new bed can be very confusing) after 2 weeks of approved postponement, I now have to start work. Not that I have any complains about work, well, work is still work, and I sense that I'm going to experience something very exciting about my stay here.

I arrived in Sandakan last Monday night after a meeting in the day time, and was fetched by the driver to come to the Office, early Tuesday morning. There was already a meeting scheduled so we cancelled breakfast and went straight on our way.

After that meeting, there was another Maternal Mortality Meeting, scheduled in telupid, about 100km from Beluran. That was to look into the death of a mother in the district due to post partum haemorrhage, which can be quite common here, but still, 1 death is 1 too many.

I got myself tausa bun and soya for the trip since lunch would be quite late after the second meeting, and I haven't had anything since morning. Tiapa juga begini mangkali boleh kurus.

The Christmas gift we got for our resident denstist wasn't much a surprise...

Some snapshots from my empty crib... Reminds me of my old place in Tungku, but I won't be furnishing this place much... lesson learnt.

The kitchen.

The other room.

View from the balcony, overlooking the river.

View from the dining hall.

Trying out the zoom.

The river from my bedroom.

The Hospital quarters where I'm staying.

In a small town like this, you'd never imagine we have a motel...

The pride of Beluran, seafood. Cheap seafood. Cheap, fresh seafood. Too bad I'm allergic to prawns.

Like I told Mizal, you can see the whole town with a single monocular view, no need to turn your head at all. This is here the Left side of town.

The dry market.

River front.

The Right side of town.

The wet market. And well, that's about all of it.

Supposedly THE seafood restaurant in Beluran, but I was sitting in the restaurant from 6pm to 8pm watching a whole roll of cowboy movie, and I was the only one dining for that night. Now, something must be terribly wrong with this place.

But who can beat a sunrise like this? Taken at 610am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

eventhough its only a small town,but 1 benda urg yg tinggal di bandar tidak buli dapat...i knw sooner or later u'll knw what it is..till then, take care.

ARTEo said...

bermisteri pula ko urg rnu!

BuDakHutaN said...

Beluran? my kampung tu ! yeah....