My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20080901

random juke: beijing welcomes you......

The last era when I last listened to A LOT of Chinese music was circa 1997-1998 when I was heavily influenced by my god-brother Albert Law, who was in turn very much involved in the national Chinese music industry at that time. Nowadays he is more involved in producing, while running his environmentally friendly business side by side.

Click on his name to visit him on Facebook.
(and that promo will cost you a bit, dude, hahaha)

Come the Beijing Olympics, it has reopened a lot of eyes on Chinese-everything, and brought back a lot of interest in its music industry, especially for myself too... and this one particular song has a haunting effect, nice haunting effect nonetheless.

It is called Beijing Welcomes You, and the lyrics (translation of it) gives me goosebumps still whenever I read it... it's been on TV for a while but I can never catch what the numerous artists were singing, but in this clip, it is accompanied by English translation, the pin-yin, name of artist and the location of the shot - all you've always wanted to know.

Download BEIJING WELCOMES YOU here
mp3 / 7:04 / 128kbps / 6.48Mb

Video clip on Youtube

No comments: