My Own Happiness Project

My Own Happiness Project
because happiness begins inside and flows out...

20070828

the day i went to a concert... a jazz concert!

Date achieved: 11 August 2007

the jazz scenario in kota kinabalu is still limited to a very minute group of jazz-lovers but most of the people around does not mind any music as long as it's good

Something that I've always wanted to do, and finally given a chance at it, was to attend a Jazz Appreciation Concert. I have had many opportunities before, I mean, it happened right under my nose a couple of times while I was still studying, but never got the money for it.

the appetizer for the night was presented by a local group from SIA. they were quite good, really..

It was a fine show, well, Jazz can't really go wrong (my biased opinion) and I enjoyed myself tremendously that night. The concert started on time, the bands were great, but I feel that KK people still has a long way to go in Jazz appreciation.

More than a Jazz Appreciation night, it was really a night for the upper middle and upper class people to come out, put on skimpy dresses and thick make-up, hit a few beers, meet influential people... and make a lot of noise through-out the show.

In more than one occasion I was really tempted to shush some people and ask them to shut-up.


There is a plan to make this a yearly event. Well, yea, I'd like that.

this group played a fusion of east and west, the usual jazz instruments and erhu - the result, splendid

another of those local bands

double take - mia palencia and roger wang... i took pride in telling that roger actually strung my guitar when i bought it from his shop some years back

and of course, the highlight of the night was a photo session with my favourite local jazz duo (Sandra, Mia, Roger and myself)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah thanks for the comment!